My Style: Silver and Polka Dots in the City

Today’s outfit in DC: A white sweater with black polka dots over a silver top and silver pencil skirt (two of three pieces of a suit). Ran into my dear friend Nicole—who’s an awesome photographer—downtown after work. She snapped a few pics of me. Inspired by her blog, I’m going to try to post my outfits sometimes. I’m so into fashion—why not bring more of it here?

By the way, this week, I’m trying a vibrant yellow nail polish for the first time. It’s such a cheery shade and sort of unexpected.

My style takeaway today: Breaking up a formal suit with a light cardi and skinny belt can be fun. Have a great evening!

Top, skirt, and belt, Calvin Klein; cardigan, Merona (a.k.a. a Tar-jay score); clutch, vintage; pumps, Maripé; nail polish, Sally Hansen

Images: Nicole Crowder

This entry was posted in fashion and style and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to My Style: Silver and Polka Dots in the City

1. Aisha says:

You look beautiful! Love the outfit and the tips. And the nails, I never would have imagined choosing that color but it looks good on- always helps to be a little daring. Thanks for the tips :)

• Leslie Quander Wooldridge says:

You’re so sweet–thank you! Really appreciate your note. I love bold colors, so I’m glad I found the yellow. :)

2. Nicole says:

Love the look, Ms. Lady! You’ve inspired me to upgrade my neutral tone nail polish :) More fashion posts, please!

• Leslie Quander Wooldridge says:

Nicole, thanks, you’ve inspired me! I am hoping to do more. :)

• Sabiya says:

Leslie, I enjoyed this pocadst! In my mid-late 20 s, I managed a retail career clothing store. I was 5’3 , weighed 105 lbs. (naturally, not because I tried), learned I was a winter and clothing was easy and fun to find. I’m now 48 years old, one beautiful daughter and one thyroid disorder later, I still can stretch to reach 5’3 but weigh 150 lbs. I carry most of my excess weight in my stomach and neck, and clothing is a puzzle to me. I love shopping for my daughter but find personal shopping discouraging. I have been trying to lose weight for the past 12 years and while I lose 10-15 pounds, it always is a struggle to keep those pounds off, and I find myself needing to lose the same pounds over and over again. I look forward to checking into your site and learning what works for my body now. And thank you, Sandra, for this entire series![]

• Leslie Quander Wooldridge says:

Sabiya, thank you for your comment! I hope you don’t give up on finding clothes that you love. Retailers and designers now offer lots of options–we just have to try a few things to find the best fit. :)

3. I love that outfit! The skirt is gorgeous.

And I love the nail polish on you. I’m super pale so yellow tends to wash me out. It’s not a good look.

• Leslie Quander Wooldridge says:

Thank you, Tracey! Yellow can really be tricky. But I love that there are colors for everyone. ;)