My Style: Silver and Polka Dots in the City

Today’s outfit in DC: A white sweater with black polka dots over a silver top and silver pencil skirt (two of three pieces of a suit). Ran into my dear friend Nicole—who’s an awesome photographer—downtown after work. She snapped a few pics of me. Inspired by her blog, I’m going to try to post my outfits sometimes. I’m so into fashion—why not bring more of it here?

By the way, this week, I’m trying a vibrant yellow nail polish for the first time. It’s such a cheery shade and sort of unexpected.

My style takeaway today: Breaking up a formal suit with a light cardi and skinny belt can be fun. Have a great evening!

Top, skirt, and belt, Calvin Klein; cardigan, Merona (a.k.a. a Tar-jay score); clutch, vintage; pumps, Maripé; nail polish, Sally Hansen

Images: Nicole Crowder

This entry was posted in fashion and style and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to My Style: Silver and Polka Dots in the City

1. Get a free itunes $25 dollars gift card for free. Get an FREE app called checkpoints at the app store for your ipod or iphone and use the code “k4vglitch” without the quotes for the free Gift card. Huryy before they block it!!!

2. That’s an ingenious way of thinking about it.

3. Aurilene says:

A large percentage of of the thgins you articulate is astonishingly appropriate and it makes me ponder the reason why I had not looked at this in this light previously. Your article truly did switch the light on for me personally as far as this subject goes. However at this time there is actually just one position I am not too comfy with and whilst I try to reconcile that with the actual core theme of your point, let me see what the rest of the subscribers have to point out.Nicely done.

4. Elizangela says:

Yes, I am still doing the oil cleansing thing. I deinfitely think it is working! I am still working out the ratio of oils, and it is weird, cause right now after I wash my face, it feels dry. Supposedly this means I have too much castor oil in my mix But my skin is clearing up a LOT, I have had less breakouts and my blackheads are actually going away!

• Carlie says:

Mir waren die EH-Kurse zu lagngeiliw.Als über die DLRG Sanitätskurse angeboten wurden habe ich die besucht.Der letzte (2.)A-Kurs war letztes Jahr.Ende des Jahres folgt der 2. B-Kurs.

• Ici Londre, ici Londre. Camille parle aux blogueurs LSP…68 est cuite, je répéte 68 c’est cuite.Bonjour ma Clairon…Ad hominem, ad nominem. Ce que je sais moi c’est que dimanche soir, devant le Louvre nous étions 9, revenant ad pedibus de Solférino quand soudain nous rencontrâmes une bande de jeunes se dirigeant vers La Concorde, hilares, joyeux, sans capuche. Et fusat ad nominem cet insulte : « les pédés au buchers »…Ce fut une attaque ad nominem ou ad hominem ?

• faI am doubtlessly suprised. I am not sure Ive met anyone who is such an expert about this case as you do. Youre really well informed and mucho intelligent. You did article that visitors could understand and made the matterintriguing for people24

• I also tend to think dosa or idli, sometimes upuma, as there’s almost always batter in my fridge!Thanks for sending it in to WBB.Sorry I took so long to acknowledge this, but I made a mistake while typing my email id in the announcement and so never got your mail.:(

• Hey Slipyour prose poems about love of lingerie read like the mini works of creative art they are. We can all share your longing and your enjoyment. Keep sharing! you’re a national lingerie treasure.

• Lendo essa tão elaborada postagem,me fez mais uma vez lembrar de minha árdua luta para conseguir uma pois pago aluguel.Aqui em minha cidade são promessas,promessas e mais promessas de casa para o povo,mas só em epóca eleitoral…

• What a story! It seems you have a book brewing in you! I’ve never been to NY (except through JFK) and this makes me want to walk the streets even more. Loved reading this today.

5. Aisha says:

You look beautiful! Love the outfit and the tips. And the nails, I never would have imagined choosing that color but it looks good on- always helps to be a little daring. Thanks for the tips :)

• Leslie Quander Wooldridge says:

You’re so sweet–thank you! Really appreciate your note. I love bold colors, so I’m glad I found the yellow. :)

6. Nicole says:

Love the look, Ms. Lady! You’ve inspired me to upgrade my neutral tone nail polish :) More fashion posts, please!

• Leslie Quander Wooldridge says:

Nicole, thanks, you’ve inspired me! I am hoping to do more. :)

• Sabiya says:

Leslie, I enjoyed this pocadst! In my mid-late 20 s, I managed a retail career clothing store. I was 5’3 , weighed 105 lbs. (naturally, not because I tried), learned I was a winter and clothing was easy and fun to find. I’m now 48 years old, one beautiful daughter and one thyroid disorder later, I still can stretch to reach 5’3 but weigh 150 lbs. I carry most of my excess weight in my stomach and neck, and clothing is a puzzle to me. I love shopping for my daughter but find personal shopping discouraging. I have been trying to lose weight for the past 12 years and while I lose 10-15 pounds, it always is a struggle to keep those pounds off, and I find myself needing to lose the same pounds over and over again. I look forward to checking into your site and learning what works for my body now. And thank you, Sandra, for this entire series![]

• Leslie Quander Wooldridge says:

Sabiya, thank you for your comment! I hope you don’t give up on finding clothes that you love. Retailers and designers now offer lots of options–we just have to try a few things to find the best fit. :)

7. I love that outfit! The skirt is gorgeous.

And I love the nail polish on you. I’m super pale so yellow tends to wash me out. It’s not a good look.

• Leslie Quander Wooldridge says:

Thank you, Tracey! Yellow can really be tricky. But I love that there are colors for everyone. ;)